Saturday, September 6, 2014

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!

Do you remember the first day of school? Well I don't remember grade one but I do remember other 'first" days. The first day in a new school times three, the first day of high school times three, the first day of university and now the first day of Leadership Development Network. (LDN) It's only a 1/2 day for first year students today. Really, it's an orientation. Next week all the students will be there and we're right into it.

I remember the first day nerves. The book bag already packed, lunch made and clothes decided upon. Most of the time I had early morning starts and long commutes because I went to Christian School for all but my last year of high school, grade 13.

Not much has changed. The book bag was packed last night and clothes decided upon. The first year student assignment completed and printed. I only have a 5 minute commute but I was awake at 5:30 am thanks to Mr Racoon.

Yet, this is different than before too. I'm also really excited. It's become so clear to me reading Robert Mulholland's book "An Invitation To a Journey" that this is as much a spiritual journey as an intellectual one. God has opened the door and placed me on this journey. Never before have I been so sure of His leading when it comes to school. This is more than the next obvious step one takes to a career. I have no plan for after. I am more aware that I do not know the future God has in store for me.

That is a good thing! It means living in each moment and learning to trust God. The hardest thing about spiritual formation according to Mulholland is giving up our control and letting God have control over every aspect of our lives. So I begin this great adventure.

I'm not a very consistent blogger so I won't make any big promises. I'll try to share some updates and thoughts a long the way.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks for the update, Angela. I am praying for you as you embark on this next adventure. How wonderful it is to know that our Great God goes before us in life and leads us so gently along. His ways are perfect and He does all things well. Rest in Him and follow wherever He leads. You don't need to know all the future steps...just the very next one. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...how is it going Angela?? Are you enjoying it? Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete